Thursday, July 1, 2010

Booksneeze



You Can Be Everything God Wants You To Be

Max Lucado

Realizing that we hold the key to our own success and have within us the power to choose a career and be happy with our decision are the focuses of this easy, empowering read. Lucado presents scripture, stories, insight, and tools useful to everyone – job searchers, job holders who want to be more joyful with their career, employees who are happy with their jobs already, those who choose a path of home making or child rearing.

Max gives great advice that is contrary from what the world teaches. God designed us to work – why fight what we can't change. Why fight If we happy with our jobs, why accept promotions for higher pay that will decrease our joy? We can't be anything we want to be, if what we want to be is not what we were designed to be. God has given us desires and talents that we shouldn't fight - “our duty is to become more ourselves, not less”. Evaluating our strengths, passions, optimal conditions, and relationships are vital to a fulfilling future.

While reading this book, I tried to think about who I could give this book to when finished. In the end, I just can't give it away! Lucado presents information, quotes, and stories that I want to be able to access in the future. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I do recommend reading it slower than I did. Take time to make lists and evaluate your life will help you get the most out of this read.

No comments:

Post a Comment